Formed in 1928 our school was originally named the Szövő Street Elementary School. During the Second World War the school building was totally destroyed in a bomb raid. Teaching continued in different locations but due to post war economic problems teaching was unfortunately suspended in 1951.
The new school could only be reopened in 1956 and was renamed as the Nyitra Street Primary School. Since then our school has been specialised on the education of Arts and Languages.
Our students had to study Russian in the 1960s and 1970s, but they could also choose German and Esperanto languages to study as well. From 1984 to 2012 the school had a high quality German language teaching with excellent results.
Our school was the first primary school in Vas County to start bilingual (English-Hungarian) education in 2005.
Our outstanding bilingual education has resulted in several first prizes in different school competitions and drama festivals. Our students are also successful at language exams.
We have several clubs like dancing and sport clubs, and we are proud of the friendly atmosphere and large schoolyard our school provides.